Pang was founded in 1919 in Hamburg, Germany by Herr Fritz Hesselbein (1889-1963) and he can be accredited as the first to develop the cold vulcanization process in Europe as well as low-temperature curing compounds in 1938. Pang products have been the preferred choice of the tyre repair professional ever since.
After successfully developing the European market with a customer base that included Daimler Benz and Bandag, Pang established a very successful sales and marketing operation in New York City USA. Pang later went to acquire the USA based Truflex Rubber Company of Los Angeles in 1964 in order to have a manufacturing base in the quickly expanding US market. Truflex had patented the first semi-cure tire repair in 1932 and supplied many major rubber companies including the US Army.
The original Hamburg factory was closed in 1991 and production transferred to Budapest, Hungary in one of the first inward investment projects by a Western company in Eastern Europe. Truflex and Pang merged in 1988 and today Truflex/Pang is in 79th year with a world wide distribution network selling both tire repair materials and a full range of industrial conveyor belt repair materials, rubber sheeting, lagging and adhesives.
In 1998 Truflex/Pang was acquired by the Tech International, based in Ohio, USA and production was centralized at its global headquarters. Since that time Truflex/Pang has seen a major investment in the development of a “new generation” of improved products manufactured at Group facilities in the USA, Northern Ireland, Hungary, India and China.
Tech Europe, headquartered in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, as the European arm of Tech International, continues to manufacture and supply Truflex/Pang products throughout Europe today.
The history of Tech Europe goes back to the early 1960s when Bridgeport Brass Inc. invested heavily in Northern Ireland and, at one stage, employed over 400 people, manufacturing car and truck valves, in Lisburn. They then expanded into rubber products associated with tyre repair in 1965.
The company withdrew at the height of the infamous 'troubles' and the rubber division was sold to local investors. This was run down significantly over a number of years until it was sold to Mark Noble and Peter Bruce in 1990. Peter was the founding owner of Bruce Shaw Partnership (BSP), a leading Irish Quantity Surveying business, and Mark Noble a senior executive within Shorts Missiles systems and latterly a senior executive within the International Development Board (IDB). The business prospered and grew, and subsequently merged with Tech International in 1998, with agreement to handle all of Tech's European business. Since then, and continuing today, Tech International retain a controlling interest in European operations.
Today, Tech Europe continues to manufacture in Lisburn, work closely with Tech International, and supply European customers through a loyal and diverse distributor network.
In addition, Tech Europe boasts an active training school and distribution centre for the BeNeLux countries based in Turnhout, Belgium. With extensive industry and repair knowledge, garnered over many years in the business, Tech Europe BVBA offers expert training designed for automotive technicians in Turnhout and on-site at any customer location, on request. Training seminars can be tailored to the needs of each individual client, include hands-on demonstrations, and can cover the whole spectrum of tyre repair, from simple nailhole repairs to more extensive OTR section repairs. Tech Europe BVBA also services some of the world's leading tyre manufacturers with full programmes of tyre repair materials within Europe.
The Budapest operation also remains as part of the Tech Europe network with Pangus acting as the Eastern-European and Hungarian representative. Pangus has been distributing since 1988 and continues today in Ecser.